This year marks the 25th anniversary of Willowbrook Hospice. On 20th July 1997, we welcomed our first patient to the brand new hospice. For 25 years we have cared for and supported the people of St Helens and Knowsley. Now, we need your support to ensure we are still here for our community in another 25 years.
In 2018, we experienced a terrible flood at the hospice which led to three of our rooms having to be completely refurbished. Our insurance company stepped in to help cover the costs of this work but our first priority now is create a building that ensures all our patients have the facilities and comfort they need in rooms that meet current clinical safety standards.
- We know this work will cost Willowbrook in the region of £500,000 but we know we need to start this work in the next 12 months.
- We must make sure that we carry out any work efficiently and make sure that it sustains Willowbrook for at least the next 25 years.
- We must use our funds wisely.
These plans are comprehensive for Willowbrook as we must:
- make urgent repairs to the roof.
- make all our rooms single-person units.
- create comfortable gathering spaces for visitors.
- improve access for patients with an entrance that allows swift, comfortable access straight onto the inpatient wards.
So, we are taking our time to plan this work properly but our aim is simple:
How you can help
Willowbrook needs £500,000 to complete these necessary works to make the hospice fit for the 21st century and to sustain it for at least the next 25 years. You can support our 25th Anniversary appeal below.
Support our 25th Anniversary appeal now by pledging £10 in memory of someone special and sponsoring a brick in our virtual wall!
Text to donate
Text WILLOW followed by your donation amount to 70580 to give that amount (texts will cost the donation amount plus the cost of one standard network rate message). For example:
- Text WILLOW1 to 70580 donate £1
- Text WILLOW5 to 70580 to donate £5
- Text WILLOW10 to 70580 to donate £10
Buy some of our 25th Anniversary Appeal raffle tickets. Raffle tickets are being sent out with our summer supporter newsletter, due to arrive on doorsteps on 8th July. If you don’t receive a supported newsletter from us by post, we will also have raffle tickets on sale at The Living Well reception and all of our Willowbrook shops.
Attend our events
Support us at our 25th anniversary celebrations, or attend one of our other events.
We hope you can join us to celebrate 25 years of Willowbrook Hospice!